Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: NUR00QZS
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC MEDICAL CENTER
Shift: Day Job
Clinical Nurse II
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in an outpatient setting. Organizational skills, teamwork, efficiency, attention to detail, critical thinking and excellent customer service skills are essential requirements for this position.
1. Evaluation of Care - Identify expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Facilitate continuity of care for patients including medication refills, obtaining necessary prior authorizations, lab and other external diagnostic results, triage incoming patient calls, assist patient/provider in completing forms. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
2. Implementation - Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues. Understanding and participating in the insurance and prior authorization process, and seeking to make the best decisions/referrals in the interest of the customer. Facilitates and coordinates management recommendations for individual patients as instructed by their treating provider.
3. Patient Assessment-Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Includes making the patient and their needs the top priority and going the extra mile to satisfy our patients. Demonstrating the ability to resolve patient concerns and issues.
4. Accountability: Managing performance to meet expected results and working to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all. Using the appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finding an agreement on issues and following through on implementation. Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embracing continuous improvement.
5. Technical expertise: understanding the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively using Epic and Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrating the ability to learn and master the scheduling system.
6. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient/family/caregivers. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn. Act as a resource and supervise NA and CMA annual certifications as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
· Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
· Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
· One (1) year of nursing experience.
QualificationsGraduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification. One (1) year of nursing experience.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.