Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: OFF004Q9
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC FACULTY PHYSICIANS
Shift: Day Job
The UNC Urogynecology at Rex clinic is seeking an independent, team-oriented Administrative Associate. Women's health care experience preferred but not required. Prior outpatient and EPIC experience preferred. The successful candidate must have a positive attitude and demonstrate strong customer service behavior with external and internal customers. The candidate must exhibit flexibility and strong communication skills, the ability to multi task and the desire to work with a variety of patients, providers and staff.
Responsibilities include registration, check-in, check-out, telephone triage, referrals, appointment scheduling, processing payers (medical insurance, associated programs, and/or financially responsible parties), medical billing and collections, data entry, Point of Service and payment collection, referral and front desk/charge review Work queue edits and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Accuracy and attention to detail are a must for the chosen applicant.
This position is located at 4325 Lake Boone Trail near Rex Hospital. Occasional floating to other clinics within OB/GYN may be expected to meet the needs of the department.
Minimum competencies required:
1. Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems.
2. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system.
3. Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement.
4. Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements.
5. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer.
6. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.