Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: OTH01PSF
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC FACULTY PHYSICIANS
Shift: Day Job
This position collaborates with physicians, other medical providers, and patients by providing nurse case management services for fertility treatments.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and patient education related to all aspects of the fertility continuum of care. Coordinates patient treatment plans in conjunction with established clinical protocols
3. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies of diagnostic results as directed by the physician, lab staff, nursing manager, or front office staff.
4. Appropriately documents care provided in patient's medical records. Teaches on procedures and how to administer injections.
5. Facilitates effective patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
6. Assists with the maintenance of adequate levels of supplies and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices. Follows all guidelines and standards practiced by the Fertility Clinic.
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit based performance improvement activities.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Establishing a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients' families. Exhibits effective communication and team work.
Diploma, Associate's degree (ADN) or Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing. Prefer previous experience in a fertility or reproductive clinic environment.
Licensed to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina. Valid BCLS certification required.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.