Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: MED003KZ
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Facility/Division: PHYSICIANS NETWORK
Shift: Day Job
The Medical Assistant I Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. The Medical Assistant I Certified works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor for non-clinical responsibilities.
Job Duties at our clinic include:
• rooming patients;
• obtaining vital signs, current medications and allergies, health history, family history, and social history;
• ensuring all overdue Health Maintenance items are addressed at time of visit;
• communicating messages between patients and providers regarding patient advise, patient lab results, patient medications, phone, mychart messages etc.;
• cleaning and stocking of exam rooms and equipment;
• administering Vaccine/Medication for patients of all age groups.
• Assisting in procedures i.e. vasectomy, Nexplanon insertion/removal
About our clinic:
• We are a large Family Medicine practice with 8 providers, around 9 clinical staff and 4 administrative staff. We also have an LCSW, Dietician and Medical Scribe.
• In our building we offer lab, x-ray, a Rheumatology and specialty clinic, Physical Therapy services on site.
• Our clinic is located off US Hwy 15-501N in Pittsboro and an easy commute to dining, downtown shops, greenways for walking and free parking.
• Clinic days/hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
• Occasional Urgent Care only on Saturdays, hours are from 8:00 am-12:00 pm.
• Typical work schedules are: 7:50 am-5:00 pm, 5 days a week and we are closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm.
• We have proudly been recognized as a PCMH Level 3 practice since 2014.
Our ideal Certified Medical Assistant candidate would have experience in family practice and EPIC EHR. Ability to multitask is an absolute must as we are a busy 9 provider practice. Be a team player, have flexibility and adaptability. Willing to take the initiative to help the team so our clinic may continue to succeed. Attendance and a can-do attitude is also a must to succeed in role.
QualificationsEducation and Experience Requirements:
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.