Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: NUT00F3W
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC MEDICAL CENTER
Shift: Day Job
Cooks and prepares food and performs related tasks such as clean up and quality assurance activities.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Cooks food, including pastries desserts, and soups, according to recipes. Completes basic mathematical calculations to alter quantities as needed.
2. Ensures quality of foods. Assists in testing and standardizing recipes maintains proper temperatures for food.
3. Operates and cleans all production utensils and equipment. Maintains cooking area in a sanitary, neat and orderly manner.
4. Prepares complete meals and special events foods. Arranges food in an appealing manner.
5. Prepares food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, and soups for regular, modified, and calculated diets using weighing and measuring techniques.
High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence.
No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
One (1) year of experience in the cooking of food in quantity lots or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If Associate's degree in Culinary Arts, no experience is required.
High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence. One (1) year of experience in the cooking of food in quantity lots or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If Associate's degree in Culinary Arts: No experience is required.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.