Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: FIN003PL
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC FACULTY PHYSICIANS
Shift: Day Job
THIS IS A 60-DAY TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT
Provides assistance to patients and family members regarding establishing arrangements to provide payments for services provided. Ensures all insurance requirements are met prior to patient's arrival and informs patients of their financial liability prior to arrival for services.
1. Admit, register and pre-register patients with accurate patient demographics and financial data.
2. Calculate and collect payments from patients for hospital and faculty physicians. Set up payment arrangements. Reconcile daily money collected. Work with collections agencies to resolve balances and/or collect payments.
3. Refer patients to the Manufacturer Drug program as needed for medications.
4. Request insurance authorizations for medical and dental procedures via online portal or by phone. Enters authorizations in various systems. Provides estimates using the passport estimator for future services to help determine patient's liability. Screen patients for charity care, COBRA and Medicaid. Help complete applications as needed. Work with third party payers for copay assistance. Submit forms for prior authorizations.
5. Review and explain claim rejections on patient's accounts. Help resolve patient balance issues and questions.
High School diploma or GED. Two (2) years of experience working in hospital/clinical services access or billing and collections insurance.
Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Ability to analyze data, perform multiple tasks and work independently. Must be able to develop and maintain professional, service-oriented working relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors. Must be able to understand and comply with policies and procedures.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.