Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: LIC002WS
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: PHYSICIANS NETWORK
Shift: Day Job
Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse. Processes privileged patient health information, processes physician orders, returns patient calls, and other duties as assigned.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse to include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, reinforcing patient education,
and other procedures as directed by the RN or physician.
3. Documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
4. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
5. Assists with the maintenance of adequate supplies, and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
6. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective
Education and Experience Requirements:
Completion of accredited practical nursing program.
BCLS certification required.
Licensed as LPN in North Carolina.
Previous physician office experience preferred.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.