Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: OTH01PVB
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Shift: Day Job
Plans and implements educational programming for children, providing a safe learning environment for children.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Planning and implementing educational program of age-appropriate activities for children in care and identifying each child's individual capabilities and needs.
3. Create a learning environment.
4. Assure the welfare, health, and safety of the children in the groups.
5. Organize and maintain classroom activity areas, materials, and supplies, and keeping the Director advised of equipment and materials that need to be repaired and replaced.
6. Maintain constant supervision of children.
7. Take daily attendance and keep all required reports pertaining to group.
8. Train and make most constructive use of Instructor.
9. Establish and maintain effective communication with parents.
10. Build good communications with other staff to create a professional atmosphere.
11. Attend pre-service and in-service training as required.
12. Understand North Carolina ChildCare Requirements.
13. Keep the Director/Manager informed of any classroom problems.
Associate's degree (A. A.) in Early Childhood Education or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or higher. Co-workers in a Lead Instructor role prior to August 2007 do not have to meet this educational requirement. One year working in an early childhood education setting.
NCECC;CPR I/C. Valid BCLS certification required.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.