Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: LAB0069S
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC MEDICAL CENTER
Shift: Evening Job
Provides supervision of laboratory services and personnel for one or more clinical laboratories. Responsibility and accountability may be for a single shift or 24/7.
1. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate products, processes, procedures, and laboratory needs.
2. Coordinates various programs and implements processes with other departments. Serves as a resource for employees, healthcare providers and professionals within and outside the UNCHCS.
3. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews policies and procedures.
4. Manages personnel and administers personnel policies in accordance with the Healthcare Systems personnel policies. Responsible for Human Resource functions which include recruiting/hiring, performance evaluations, training, counseling and disciplinary action.
5. May perform teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and fellows and new employees.
6. Provides input into the budget process (capital and equipment) by analyzing capital development needs and assessing the impact of new programs.
7. Provides leadership to laboratory staff to meet organizational goals.
Requires Bachelor's of Science degree. Requires four years of experience at the medical laboratory technologist, cytotechnologist, or histotechnologist level.
Requires MLS/MT (ASCP) or MT (NCA) certification for general lab supervision, CT (ASCP) if supervising Cytology or HTL (ASCP) if supervising Histology.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.