Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: EDU001HU
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC MEDICAL CENTER WAKEBROOK
Shift: Day Job
Nurse Educator needed for Psychiatry Services at Chapel Hill and WakeBrook
The Nurse Educator will serve business/education needs both at Chapel Hill Main Campus and WakeBrook Campus located in Raleigh North Carolina. Focus will be to coordinate staff development and educational needs of patient care nursing staff, patients, and families. This is an advanced level position in education, which is performed under minimal supervision. Assignments may be characterized as those requiring collaboration to address staff educational needs within a specialty practice area and / or service. Serves in a lead capacity over others as it relates to special projects or subject matter expertise. Work may be performed collaboratively for multiple disciplines across the continuum of care of or for a specific patient population or service area.
Job responsibilities included but not limited to the following.
1. Acts as resource and role model in use of evidence based practice. Leads unit/service based clinical practice groups.
2. Assists in orientation and placement of nursing students in clinical units. Serves as resource to facility. Mentors graduate students.
3. Assists nursing staff in design and implementation of clinical nursing research/performance improvement projects.
4. Assists nursing units with preceptor responsibilities to ensure all new staff are oriented and meeting competency expectations.
5. Conducts learning needs assessments to plan staff educational programs.
6. Coordinates orientation, staff development and continuing education for nursing staff.
7. Develops evidence-based standards of care, comprehensive nursing plans, clinical pathways for patients and families and facilitates implementation of same.
8. Develops, implements, and evaluates educational materials, self instructional programs, teaching protocols, and e-learning.
9. In conjunction with other subject matter experts, develops and evaluates patient family education materials.
10. Serves as a clinical resource and role model, provides clinical supervision to staff in developing clinical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This is a 40 hours per week, mainly day shift position with so flexibility to meet the educational needs of the department. Great NC State benefits offered!
QualificationsRequires Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing and licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Additionally will need current Healthcare Provider/BLS Provider CPR certification.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.