Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: HUM002RK
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: SHARED SERVICES
Shift: Day Job
Designs and implements overall recruiting strategy. Partners with hiring managers to convey a clear understanding of position requirements to ensure sourcing efforts attract candidates with the right skills. Assumes leadership role on high volume and special recruiting projects for UNCHCS.
1. Recruiting Strategy: Designs and implements overall recruiting strategy. Assists in the development of client specific recruiting strategies and advising hiring managers on practices that support the goals and direction of the organization.
2. Sourcing & Offers: Partners with hiring managers to convey a clear understanding of position requirements for positions so that sourcing efforts are directed to candidates with the right skill mix necessary for the position. Researches and sources candidates through search techniques and developing internal and external search strategies per position assignment. Utilizes advanced creative sourcing and recruiting techniques to attract passive and active candidates, including minority candidates. Provides offer recommendations to hiring departments based on institutional policy, market data and internal equity. Extends and negotiates formal offers. Demonstrates awareness of salary trends and brings relevant information to Compensation for review.
3. Recruiting Cycle: Assumes leadership role on high volume and special recruiting projects for UNC Health Care as needed. Screens candidates’ resumes and job applications. Conducts interviews using various reliable personnel selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule. Assesses applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes. Ensures accurate and current records throughout the recruitment process to include tracking of all activity. Ensures new hire paperwork is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Mentoring: Works in tandem with other senior recruiters to develop junior members of the recruitment team and collaborates on system-wide initiatives to improve the overall Recruitment function.
5. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned recruitment analysis. Identifies recruitment issues and assists in developing strategies to address them prior to issue becoming critical. Keeps supervisor informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. All assignments are completed on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. All outcomes are explained to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
Bachelor's degree required. Requires 2 years of experience as a Recruiter. Strong knowledge of employment law, policies and procedures, and practices.
PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred. Recruitment-specific certificate or continuous learning a plus (AIRS, The Adler Group, or other).
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.