Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: ADV000NR
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC FACULTY PHYSICIANS
Shift: Night Job
The UNC Division of Hematology is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our hematologic malignancies inpatient team to provide coverage 7 days a week for the Med E3 (4ONC) and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMTU) inpatient units during the overnight shift from 7PM to 7AM. There will be three APPs rotating, with one covering each night. Additional duties include:
· Obtain initial history and physical examination for patients admitted to the hematologic malignancies to the E3 or BMT inpatient service and for patients in the NC Cancer Hospital infusion center. This includes writing orders, interpreting findings, communicating with malignant hematology fellow/attending and implementing the plan of care.
· Nightly management of inpatients which includes diagnosis, ordering and interpretation of tests, writing medication orders and initiation of standing orders.
· Following a period of training, Modification of chemotherapy orders per UNC Policy 0188 for APPs.
· Document all care in the Electronic Medical Record
· As skills evolve, participate in Quality Improvement Projects
· Participate in Practice Based Learning and Improvement sessions monthly for six months and then every six months with the physician supervisor
There is access to and supervision by the on-call specialty-trained board-certified Hematology attending physician.
Additionally, all APPs will receive formal on-boarding and continued practice assessments to learn, maintain, and continuously improve skills that are necessary for the job. Additionally, we have an inpatient APP Lead that serves as a preceptor, mentor, initial point of contact for the complement of the inpatient APP team.
Completion of an accredited graduate-level Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA) program. Licensed as an Advanced Practice Provider (i.e., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife, or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in the state of North Carolina. Board certification if required by the Department.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.