Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: MED003LD
Location: Clayton, NC
Facility/Division: PHYSICIANS NETWORK
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health seeks to hire multiple Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to support our COVID response through our Respiratory Diagnostic Center.
The Certified Medical Assistant provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outdoor setting. The Medical Assistant I Certified works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor for non-clinical responsibilities.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
Maintain a high level of infection prevention measures
Collect nasopharyngeal, nasal and oral swab specimens
Assist the provider as directed
Provide patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
Maintain safe working and clinical environment
Assist with site set-up and break down
Other Respiratory Diagnostic Centers
· Perform rooming and/or intake process, including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient’s reason for visit.
· Collect patient and family data, including medical and social history.
· Review patient’s current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy.
· Assist the provider as directed, during treatments, examinations and procedures.
· Collect specimens and performs phlebotomy.
· Administer medications under the direction of a provider.
· Perform tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction of a provider.
· Ensure exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready for use during visit/procedure.
· Provide patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
QualificationsEducation and Experience Requirements:
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.