Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: INF003B6
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: SHARED SERVICES
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with the health system's strategy, commitments and goals.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Acquires the necessary resources in partnership with resource owners to fulfill the planned project roles/responsibilities and activities. Manages all internal and external project resources to ensure that project scope is delivered on time, on schedule, within the approved project budget, and with a high degree of quality.
2. Closes the project by ensuring all scoped deliverables are accepted, project documentation is stored, and project resources are released.
3. Develops and manages the project scope and objectives, high-level timeline, and cost estimate with the project sponsor and other key stakeholders and establishes the overall project management approach. In addition, develops and manages the consolidated project plan including detailed schedule (with critical path), cost estimate, roles/responsibilities, communications, and risks.
4. Engages the project team continuously and periodically reports project status to all key project stakeholders as well as IT Management.
5. Provides project management mentoring, coaching, and support to less experienced team members as well as all health system employees and contractors as necessary or appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience in project management.
If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of experience in project management.
If a High School diploma or GED: Thirteen (13) years of experience in project management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required. Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Highly responsive to internal customers.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.