Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: INF003BK
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: SHARED SERVICES
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Provides technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the health system.
1. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives.
2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
3. Functions as liaison to health system departments using IT resources and ensures proper use of resources and maintains high service levels. May serve as project lead for implementation of vendor-based systems.
4. Offers design solutions and alternatives to enhance/improve existing systems. Participates in formulating and defining system scope, objectives, and solution. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents the programs, interfaces and scripts to specified requirements. Devises/modifies procedures to solve problems taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Participates as needed in the assessment of systems and their ability to meet technical and business requirements.
5. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
No licensure or certification required.
If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience.
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.