Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: OTH01PYP
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Shift: Night Job
This position is responsible for maintaining visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room.
Schedule: Full time, 36 hours per week
Shift: Nights. 7p-7a
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the AvaSys Tele-Sitter Solution software.
2. Maintains visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to this patient population based on the patients individualized treatment plan as delegated by the RN
4. Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving monitoring station for any reason so that relief may be provided to ensure constant patient observation.
5. Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safety. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to Charge Nurse.
6. Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate person(s). Accurately relays information regarding patient needs to RN or US in a timely manner. Follows up with nurse throughout the shift regarding the status of all delegated tasks. Documents appropriately in RCare. All documentation is complete and accurate. Reports off to the RN and the oncoming NA prior to the end of shift.
7. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives as demonstrated by following positive patient identification procedures, performing hand hygiene per policy.
8. Provides patient with explanations as necessary, but does not counsel or provide opinions. Demonstrates behaviors in line with Service Excellence.
High School Diploma or GED. One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant is preferred.
Nursing Assistant I certification in North Carolina is preferred. Must be BCLS certified.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.