Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: NUT00F46
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Maintains patient safety by ensuring correct menu item selection in Computrition in compliance with physician prescribed Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT). Assists patients in ordering meals through the menu line for the At Your Service (AYS) ordering system by selecting correct menu items according to the individualized needs of the patient. Maintains accurate patient database information in Computrition by correctly inputting physician MNT orders. Correctly assembles and distributes patient supplements and enteral nutrition products.
1. Assists patients with menu selections, when needed, as part of AYS assuring compliance with physician prescribed MNT, according to the individualized needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety.
2. Maintains patient database utilizing Epic and Computrition by correctly imputing physician MNT orders, patient allergy information, and patient special services such as appropriateness to order through the AYS system.
3. Answers the telephone, taking messages and relaying information as needed. This includes answering the patient menu line.
4. Provides troubleshooting of patient meal problems to include referring patients in need of assistance to a registered dietitian.
5. Maintains accurate reports such as patients not appropriate to order (NAPS), patients who have missed 2 meals, required meal counts, etc.
6. Ensures correct menu item selection for MNT on AYS orders according the individualized need of the patient.
7. Conducts Performance Improvement monitoring, measuring, and tracking results using specified indicators.
8. Properly prepares patient nourishments and enteral nutrition products according to HACCP guidelines.
9. Stocks office supplies, as needed, and maintains organization of work area.
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum one month of experience and/or training in a nutrition care setting or equivalent; and basic computer knowledge and skills. Customer service experience preferred.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.