Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: OTH01PQ0
Location: Mebane, NC
Facility/Division: PHYSICIANS NETWORK
Shift: Day Job
Coordinate all clinical care within all clinics to maximize safety, patient and co-worker satisfaction and quality outcomes.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates clinical assignments for each day and clinic to ensure optimal coverage, timely patient flow, and excellent patient care. Identify opportunities to improve clinic flow. Works with Manager, Physicians, and APPs to provide a dynamic and user-friendly practice environment for all staff. Ensures that care/service delivered to each patient is appropriate and in accordance with Physician orders, departmental policies, and with full consideration of patient safety needs. Documents in patient care records.
2. Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision-making, problem solving and employee performance reviews. Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians and Manager. Advises medical staff and Manager in matters related to patient care and operation of the department. Assists in addressing patient issues/complaints related to care/service received. Serves as a point of contact between nurses, providers, and other team members. Delegates tasks to clinical, non-clinical, and volunteer staff as appropriate.
3. Assists in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures. Ensures that clinical nursing staff is adhering to all applicable policies and procedures including JCAHO, OSHA, and other regulatory standards. Establishes, maintains and evaluates protocols, policies and procedures in conjunction with physician staff and Manager. Assists with the evaluation of quality of care/service provided. Identifies areas needing improvement and makes appropriate recommendations to address quality deficiencies.
4. Provides direct patient care maintaining current skills and competencies required of other Registered Nurses in the department. Ensures patient care maintains the UNC REX Healthcare standard of excellence. Ensures clinic nurses are properly trained to perform clinic procedures and patient care.
5. Maintains adequate inventory of clinical supplies and equipment. Assists with adherence to the budget, cost containment and product selection.
6. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
7. Assists in the development and implementation of an orientation plan for new staff. In conjunction with Manager, prepares clinical staff time schedules, ensuring adequate staffing of the unit and provides assistance in covering staff absences. Identifies, coordinates and conducts ongoing continuing education programs for the staff. Serves as lead for annual competency training. Serves as a role model for other staff in the unit
8. Collaborates with physicians and APPs to customize their clinics, in order to meet the unique needs of their patient population. Assists in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures to reflect these standards. Ensures that clinical nursing staff is adhering to all applicable policies and procedures including including TJC, OSHA, and other regulatory standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Nursing Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelor's Degree (BSN).
BLS certification required.
Licensed to practice as RN in North Carolina.
Two (2) years nursing experience with at least one (1) year in a medical office or outpatient setting.
Prefer previous supervisory experience.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.