Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: OTH01PXD
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: PHYSICIANS NETWORK
Shift: Day Job
Coordinates check in and check out procedures, processes financial information, files, answers phones, and performs other administrative duties as assigned. Provides direct supervision and support for administrative office assistants and clinical office assistants.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Maintains compliance with revenue cycle and financial audit guidelines.
3. Demonstrates effective computer skills, files, answers phones in a timely and professional manner providing complete and accurate information, and provides other administrative duties as required.
4. Accurately performs patient check in and check out procedures. Processes privileged patient health information (obtains current insurance verification and authorization, codes visits using accurate ICD and CPT codes), balances daily receipts, and responds to billing questions. Schedules patient appointments entering all required demographic and clinical information into the system and coordinating with other parties.
5. Orders and maintains clinical supplies, office supplies, and equipment.
6. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED.
Prefer completion of an accredited medical assisting program and two (2) years of experience in a physician office.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.