Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: MED003NF
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: PHYSICIANS NETWORK
Shift: Day Job
The Medical Assistant I Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. The Medical Assistant I Certified works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor for non-clinical responsibilities.
About our clinic:
Our Family and Internal Medicine Clinic has 10 providers, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Registered Dietitian and numerous support staff. We perform minor procedures including Nexplanon insertion and removal.
We are conveniently located just outside of Raleigh and offer free onsite parking. Clinic days/hours: 7:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday (subject to change based upon patient need). We offer our staff traditional full time schedules.
We seek a passionate, professional, career oriented individual with good work ethic, punctuality and attendance. The successful candidate has a positive attitude, zest for learning, and embraces working as a team.
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting data which includes reason for visit, vital signs, height, weight, etc. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social history.
2. Reviews patient’s current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy.
3. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments, examinations and procedures.
4. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
5. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
6. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction of a provider.
7. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
8. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready for use during visit/procedure.
9. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
10. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms.
11. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out, appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and referrals.
12. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the direction of a provider or nurse.
13. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or nurse.
14. Perform data collection and patient outreach to meet quality metric goals.
15. May have to travel to other UNCPN practices or Respiratory Diagnostic Centers to cover staffing needs.
QualificationsRequires high school diploma or equivalent.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.