Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: OTH01PYC
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: SHARED SERVICES
Shift: Night Job
The intake specialist assists in the patient registration process by scheduling appointments, entering patient information and providing excellent customer service.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Ensures and verifies key ADT information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
• Schedules all new and follow-up patient appointments as required. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to provider as necessary.
• Completes and documents all governmental, regulatory, financial, and contractual forms in accordance to procedure. Ensures document is scanned/saved to correct location and is legible.
• Utilizes price estimation tool, when applicable, as part of the registration process to provide the most accurate estimate to patients
• Meets departmental target for up front collections to include deposits, estimated amounts due, co-pays, and/or prior balances.
• Answers telephones, directs calls, takes and delivers messages
• Ensures customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations.
• Influences co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
• Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections. Utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
• Effectively precepts new co-workers as assigned.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.