Joining UNC Health Care system means you’ll become part of an inclusive organization with a mission to improve the health and well-being of the diverse communities we serve.
The System Executive Director of Supply Chain Operations manages the day to day operations of UNC Health's shared service supply chain function. The role coordinates major components of supply chain activities, to include purchasing, distribution & logistics across the UNC Health System, strategic sourcing, and is a key driver of the creation and implementation of a holistic supply chain strategy for UNC Health. Partners with Information Technology team to ensure technology is appropriately applied to each stage of the supply chain process to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Provide business operations, fiscal and people management for designated supply chain areas across the UNC Health System. The System Executive Director of Supply Chain Operations interacts with executive and senior leadership, department directors, managers, outside business customers, and internal customers across UNC Health. This position reports to the System Vice President of Supply Chain for UNC Health. Responsible for identifying and implementing industry best practices that will support UNC Health efforts to be considered a best-in-class class supply chain organization both within and outside the health care industry Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Directs the monitoring and reporting of daily/weekly/monthly supply chain operating performance including quality and productivity metrics, and ensures appropriate actions are taken. Manages department labor force, employee development (corrective action, performance evaluations, etc.) and operational budget. Supports executive Supply Chain leadership in annual budgeting planning, development of strategic goals/ KPIs. Monitors department performance to goals, budget and other strategic objectives.
2. Directs the safeguarding of warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.Ensures that appropriate inventory management best practices are being implemented and maintained.
3. Direct management of supply chain performance improvement efforts as well as supply chain reporting and value analytics.
4. In collaboration with UNCHS Finance, plans, coordinates and administers capital purchase protocols.
5. Provides leadership and strategic direction to Director of Purchasing, including accountability for the continued development of system practices, policies, processes, procedures, and implementation efforts.
6. Plans, coordinates and administers the financial, administrative and technical operations of sourcing, purchasing, and materials management and exercises budget responsibilities for those areas of supply chain
7. Partners with IT and Finance to create an efficient and efficient procure to pay process which includes solid line management of all purchasing activities
8. Provides System-wide direction for purchasing/materials/distribution functions, including providing operational leadership to the areas of contracting, procurement, inventory management, supply distribution, quality assurance, warehouse functions, value improvement services.
9. Responsible for ensuring maximum value that supports optimization of UNC Health’s trade partners including its GPO, manufacturers and distributors across all System entities.
10. Responsible for the management of UNC’s warehouse management logistics and billing system for the appropriate delivery of supplies from the UNC Health hospitals, clinics and other entities that leverage Supply Chain services.
11. Responsible for the System-wide implementation and maintenance of Procurement systems in conjunction with the Information Systems Division of UNCHCS.
Qualifications Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree in an appropriate discipline preferredProfessional Experience Requirements:
Ten (10) years of relevant related experience, including five (5) years of relevant management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of supply chain management best practices, distribution center operations, procure to pay processes, value analysis implementation, as well as understanding of contract administration/business law concepts. Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into useful operational insights. Experience with MMIS; Infor/Lawson preferred. Experience with EDI exchanges/market places (i.e. GHX, Prodigy, Vizient ecommerce). Must have a proven track record of successfully evaluating, developing, and implementing performance improvement plans for supply chain activities and components.·Must have proven ability to forge strong and lasting business relationships across a broad constituency. Strong interpersonal, communication and consensus-building skills ·Must possess strong communication skills and general business acumen and the ability to articulate complicated subject matter to key stakeholders in a manner which is easily understood and supportable.·Must have the demonstrated ability to build a culture which values diversity, equity and inclusion, and empowers and inspires personal and professional development among staff and leaders.·Must have a proven track record of successfully building high functioning supply chain teams.·Must have the demonstrated ability to successfully lead change and create demonstrable value for a health system.·Must be able to operate in a transparent and ethical manner which aligns with and supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values.·Must have proven ability to drive continuous improvement and operational excellence.·Must have knowledge of program management approaches and methodologies, and demonstrated ability to practically apply that knowledge to drive operational, quality, and financial performance improvement.