Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: LIC002Y9
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC FACULTY PHYSICIANS
Shift: Day Job
The successful candidate must be an LPN in good standing and should enjoy working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. The ability to exhibit flexibility, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills are a must. Strong customer service skills are also needed. Prior outpatient dermatology and EPIC experience preferred, although not required.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant I Certified Include:
• Appointment preparation
• Patient triage and rooming
• Assisting physicians with surgical and treatment procedures and corresponding order entry
• Medication administration
• Patient teaching and care coordination
• Documenting entries into the patient's medical record
• Returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
• Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for LPN
• Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
• Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
• Maintains compliance with organizational policies, procedures including regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention.
Completion of accredited practical nursing program. Previous physician office experience preferred.
BCLS certification required. Licensed as LPN in North Carolina.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.