Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: PHA006T3
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: SHARED SERVICES
Shift: Day Job
Position: Manager, Pharmacy / Supply Management
Location: Imperial Center / Durham
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; Days
The Clinical Manager, Pharmacy Supply Management will be responsible for the following:
• Building and maintaining strategic relationships with system pharmacy
leadership, shared services center leadership, and strategic supply partners
• Serving as a point of escalation for customers
• Producing a monthly scorecard to illustrate growth and service levels provided
• Developing strategies to provide value to the Health Care System through centralized medication supply management services
• Overseeing operations of the pharmacy supply management team at the shared services center, including barcoding and repackaging operations, low unit of measure order fulfillment, logistics, and inventory utilization optimization
• Ensuring up-to-date policies and procedures are implemented and followed
• Developing technology strategy to support efficiency, growth, and quality metrics of operations at the SSC
• Providing oversight of pharmacy purchasing operations to support the UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, UNC Shared Services Center, and the UNC Health Care System ambulatory care areas
• Assisting in the development and set up of new inventory locations and serving as the inventory management system content expert
• Using resources from wholesaler, GPO, and others to guide financially based purchasing analyses
• Ensuring compliance with all Drug Supply Chain and Security Act (DSCSA) requirements
• Providing experiential instruction to UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy students and UNCMC PGY1/2 pharmacy residents
• Participating as an active member in all pertinent committees
• Other responsibilities as defined by departmental leadership based on departmental needs
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy. Three years pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.