Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: NUR00RGU
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
UNC REX Emergency Department includes 40 beds and a dedicated 8 bed behavioral health zone with private rooms. We have 2 major resuscitation rooms, triage rooms for initial assessment, in department radiology suite and a decontamination room. Our ED team cares for patients in all life threatening situations, less-critical injuries requiring minor treatment, acute and behavioral health diagnoses. Patients with heart conditions receive excellent care in the REX ED Chest Pain Center, home of the Triangle's first accredited chest pain center. Stroke care is provided to patients by our Joint Commission certified Advanced Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center. The REX ED Leadership team is focused on team work and positive co-worker recognition for staff in our fast-paced work environment.
Schedule: Full time, 36 hours per week
Shifts: 7a-7p, 11a-11p, or 7p-7a
Assists with patient care, patient safety, and responds to patient needs in the Emergency Room.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rates every 2 hours or as directed.
2. Records intake and outputs as directed.
3. Performs urinary catherization or in and out foley procedure and documents accordingly.
4. Sets up area for sterile procedure and documents accordingly.
5. Performs minor orthopedic splinting under the direction of the physician assistant.
6. Documents any skin breakdowns noted and notifies RN.
7. Removes any IV catheter and documents accordingly.
8. Transcribes, documents, and transmits physician orders and any other pertinent information.
9. Able to work in all three areas of department - triage, minor treatment and acute. Follows guidelines per departmental policy in each of these areas.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.