Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: MID00001
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Shift: Day Job
The certified nurse midwife (CNM) is an advanced practice nurse who is responsible for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of nurse midwifery care delivered to antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum, and newborn patients. The CNM performs physical exams, collects and documents data, manages labor and spontaneous delivery, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, and prescribes appropriate interventions and medications.
1. Works in collaboration with the supervising physician to provide primary health care services within the scope of the licensed Nurse Practitioner. Maintains compliance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement, including drugs, devices, medical treatments, tests and procedures that may be prescribed, ordered and performed by the Nurse Practitioner.
2. Obtains patient histories, performs complete or problem focused exams, and orders diagnostic tests and treatments. Evaluates findings to formulate an integrated plan of care, and documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
3. Prescribes appropriate pharmaceuticals in compliance with the standards established in the Prescribing Authority by the NCBON.
4. Provides guidance and counseling to patients and families. Provide patient and family education related to prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn and interconceptional care.
5. Participates in quality improvement activities including ongoing review of care provided through regularly scheduled meetings with the supervising physician at least every six months, and annual review of the Collaborative Practice Agreement. Plans for and identifies situations beyond the Nurse Practitioner's expertise, and consults with and refers to other health care providers as appropriate.
6. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates effective communication skills and team work.
8. Provide direct clinical services and management of mothers and babies as defined in the standing orders, policies, procedures and protocols for the certified nurse midwife.
QualificationsMSN Required. Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. Certification as a Nurse Midwife is required. Three years of nursing experience in a clinical setting required.
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.