Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 21
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC REX Staffing Response Team is our centralized staffing pool providing nursing care to patients across the hospital. Nurses work in clinical groupings: Medicine, Surgical, Intermediate Care, Critical Care, Surgical Outpatient and Recovery. We offer 3 different levels of RN positions based on clinical groupings worked and minimum number of hours commitment each week.
Performs assessments, documents patient status, develops individualized plan of care, implements plan of care, evaluates status, and initiates patient education plans according to individualized needs of patient.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives. Utilizes PPID correctly. Responds promptly to all alarms. Follows fall prevention and skin care protocols. Utilizes the Safe Patient Handling equipment appropriately.
2. Assessments are timely and a holistic approach is utilized. Recognizes subtle patient changes, informs physicians and utilizes appropriate resources. Assures that delegated tasks are completed.
3. Documents patient's assessment, care provided and response to care according to procedure. Assures that all tasks delegated to others are documented correctly. Provides reports in a thorough and concise manner and utilizes SBAR format. Assesses patient's condition, including: biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
4. Develops an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnosis. Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating plan of care. Initiates the plan of care upon admission. Orders appropriate tasks in RCARE. Initiates consults and serves as an advocate to meet the patient's needs.
5. Implements the nursing plan of care on assigned patients. Reviews all diagnostic data and responds appropriately. Maintains a calm manner and works effectively at all times. Implements nursing interventions to prevent complications.
6. Evaluates patient's status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care and outcomes of the care provided. Updates and resolves the plan of care as appropriate.
7. Clarifies medication orders, as needed, prior to the end of shift. Medications are administered using two identifiers: patient name and medical record number. High alert medications are verified by a second nurse prior to administration. Medications are explained to the patient (name, action, side effects) prior to administration.
8. Initiates a patient's education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital procedure; includes patient and family instruction, as well as, discharge planning. Documents instruction and education to patient and family.
9. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practice. Is aware of and follows Rex policies, procedures and protocols. Attends and completes all mandatory education.
10. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics, as demonstrated by professionalism, commitment to the patient, and accountability and responsibility for individual nursing practice.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of one year of current acute care hospital experience in the chosen clinical division desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.