Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1004
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Executive Medical Director supports the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for UNC Physicians Network. As Executive Medical Director, this position provides professional guidance to clinicians and the CMO on matters relating to UNCPN’s mission to work toward optimal high value patient care while improving clinician and care team experience and engagement. This position will assist with the management and advancement of the clinical practice performance of clinicians. This position will also facilitate improvements in performance on value based contracts, advancing towards optimal patient quality, affordability, and experience while enhancing clinician and staff engagement. This role will be 0.5FTE administrative and 0.5 Clinical Practice in area of discipline.
1. Assists with the management oversight and accountability of clinical services for UNC Physicians Network, including: Ensuring the goals and operating procedures of clinical areas align with the priorities of UNC Physicians Network and UNC Physicians; In partnership with Executive Operations Director, Plan and execute annual budgets and personnel management of clinical areas;
2. Partners closely in dyad with Executive Operations director to ensure optimal patient, staff, and clinician experience while ensuring exceptional quality of care.
3. Manage physicians including: Developing and maintaining standard expectations and performance metrics for all physicians and service leader contracts; Providing supervision of all medical staff; Collaborating with physician and senior leaders to perform annual evaluations of all contracted roles; and Collaborate with leaders to address instances of unmet performance metrics/expectations.
4. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
5. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
6. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Graduation from an accredited medical school; MD or DO Degree is required, as is Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
● Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of clinical practice is required. Physician leadership experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Exceptional relationship building and networking skills. Knows how to effectively partner with the medical staff and others to improve quality of care. Outstanding communication skills. Can express opinions openly and non-defensively.
● Strong work ethic, unquestionable integrity and character.
● Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate, and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
● Visible leader who approaches leadership through regular, direct communication with medical staff, senior leaders, directors, and hospital staff.
● Possesses strong knowledge of the healthcare field including current and future trends, technology and information affecting the field and organization.
● Ability to negotiate and maneuver through complex situations and resolve complicated problems and issues.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.