Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1008
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Cardiovascular Technologist is responsible for providing the best care possible to patients being evaluated in the Cardiovascular Lab through maintaining optimum standards of safety during all procedures as well as maintaining an optimum level of quality assessment in all aspects of patient care and testing. The Cardiovascular Technologist is responsible for performing and reporting results of non-invasive peripheral vascular diagnostic procedures, echocardiograms, cardiac stress test and ambulatory monitoring.
1. Obtains signed consents with physician order attached from outpatient registration for all outpatients and verifies physician order from the chart on all inpatients.
2. Assures appropriate test is being performed and explained to patient according to protocol. Makes certain appropriate indicators are present for studies ordered. Obtains initial patient history and document accordingly.
3. Performs all tests per departmental competencies and according to protocol and provides preliminary reports to ordering physician.
4. Carries out appropriate billing procedures, prints daily schedule and notes when add on procedures can be schedules, assists in maintaining adequate supplies and equipment.
5. Contributes to departmental quality assurance.
6. Disassembles and disinfects TEE probe and other equipment per policy and procedure and calibrates equipment as necessary.
● Prefer degree in Allied Health field.
● Registered as a Vascular Technologist and Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RVT, RCS, or RDMS)
● Requires BLS certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires 1-2 years of allied health experience with at least one year of ultrasound experience. Experience may be substituted for lack of RVT/RCDS if there has been no opportunity to sit for an examination. However it is mandatory that the individual sit for the exam at the next available opportunity.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.