Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1120
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides and teaches diagnostic procedures in the field of radiologic imaging. Maintains knowledge concerning radiation protection and safety in addition to general and electrical safety, infection control, TB and standard precautions. Prepares for and assist the radiologist in completion of intricate radiographic procedures. Prepares and administers contrast media and medications in accordance with state and federal regulations. Preforms patient assessments and provides patient care. Evaluates the appropriateness of examination and assess the quality of radiographic images.
1. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all aspects of General Diagnostic Radiology, is familiar with and adheres to Departmental Protocols and Policy and Procedures of UNC Healthcare System, obtains RT(R) credentials and maintains """"Active Status"""", using technical knowledge and ability to assist in actively troubleshooting work unit problems with respect to equipment and protocols, enthusiastically shares knowledge with employees and students in the work unit.
2. Ensures that patient demographic, emulsion markers, and examination requested are correct, critiques, orients and saves all pertinent images, transmits QA-ed images to PACS, ensures that all images reach PACS, documents completion and/or cancellation of all procedures in RIS, documenting comments when appropriate, maintains image management equipment, reporting any equipment problem to appropriate resources, utilizes PACS and HIS system for obtaining additional study data.
3. Performs work in a timely manner, performs quality radiographic images on a consistent and on-going basis, analyzes request and draws appropriate conclusions for examination and action plan, reviews radiographic orders and images and correlates patient demographic information, ensuring accuracy of information, reviews daily schedule and/or status of patients waiting in department for examinations, maintains a clean and safe work environment, documents incidents and advises area supervisor of improvement opportunities for the work unit.
4. Uses RIS,CIS,PACS and SMS effectively and appropriately to access information and document status of procedures, modifies all necessary orders for appropriateness, completes exam in RIS System, QC's and transmits information to PACS, verifies that all information has arrive properly into PACS.
5. Verifies patient identity, obtains patient history relevant to examination order, verifies pregnancy status before administering ionizing radiation, assesses patients physical condition and develops an action plan for performing examination, assesses patients condition to determine if additionally medical personnel and or equipment is needed and takes appropriate action, assists patients that require extra attention, reacts to emergency situations, insures patient safety.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. (Registry eligible candidates must provide a copy of diploma from accredited program.) Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.