Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1164
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Analyzes business unit(s) operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost effective, and integrated business solutions.
1. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, system capabilities and issues to automate processing or to improve existing system flow by working directly with departments within the organization to understand business processes, analyze current operational procedures, identify and resolve issues, and learn specific system requirements and specifications.
2. Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Prepares educational/ instructional materials (system documentation, workflow/program flowcharts) to document business processes and system information. Participates in implementation of new and updated technology projects throughout the organization.
3. Collaborates with IT support to provide exemplary customer service to all business units.
4. Documents and validates software/business requirements and communicates with organizational project teams to ensure system development, specification, requirements and implementation supports the department practices and workflow efficiency.
5. Interface with external vendors to support the implementation and development and delivery process of enterprise projects.
6. Participates and facilitates on project teams in the evaluation of systems (e.g. enterprise) to ensure business requirements are standardized across the health system based on best practices and regulatory compliance and business needs for technology.
7. Participates in testing (user acceptance testing (UAT), post production analysis) directing end-user involvement in testing, piloting with end-users to develop and execute test plans, including the creation/revision of test scripts.
8. Provides input as it relates to process improvements and gains consensus from committees and business units to develop an understanding of prioritization of requirements and facilitate business needs for technology on enterprise level projects. Improves work processes by applying standard methodologies for business and clinical.
9. Provides mentoring and support in the problem management process to evaluate reported defects/problems, performing simple diagnostics to either resolve issues or obtain diagnostics to assist in investigating, identifying ways to resolve issues and recommends improvement.
10. Reviews computer system capabilities and workflow to determine if requested application or modification is possible within existing systems.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Thirteen (13) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.