Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1090
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Processes and maintains patient medical records including filing, retrieving and distributing medical documents and reports according to established priorities and procedures in a medical records department.
1. Creates and distributes reports pertaining to the completion of medical record information within the paper and electronic record systems.
2. Maintains record filing and electronic systems in accordance with established procedures and regulations. Assures that duplicate medical record numbers are merged in all systems, and similar patient account related issues are investigated and resolved. Assure that documents that need to be modified are done accurately and timely. Merges temporary folders and repair charts.
3. Monitors, reconciles, and audits paper based and electronic medical records. Prepares and batches, indexes, analyzes for quality and modifies medical records for the purpose of maintaining a reliable electronic health record. Analyzes all inpatient and ambulatory documentation for chart completion.
4. Processes and provides accurate information to internal and external customers by telephone, email, fax, in-person and regular mail
5. Retrieves, delivers and coordinates the delivery of patient medical records to clinical areas by coordinating records for pre-scheduled visits, day operation visits, release of information requests, research requests and daily add-ons. Charging these records to the specific locations through the Health Care System and assuring they arrive in a timely manner.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.