Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1169
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs technical and administrative work involving the maintenance of a database of information and fourth-generation language programming (e.g., Access) and serves as the main information systems liaison between the department, ISD, other staff, and external vendors or organizations, ensuring that the systems are maintained and updated to meet the needs of the organization.
1. Compiles, formats, and prepares reports using various software packages, which includes researching and gathering data from multiple sources. Merges data or links databases, develops complex queries to extrapolate statistics and data from the database for ad hoc reports. Develops programs or other production criteria to develop the data reports requested or coordinates with the computer production staff to schedule production.
2. Defines the data dictionary based on the needs identified and defined by the users for the design of the application. Maintains the data dictionary as needs change or enhancements are added to systems.
3. Defines the data report needs of the users in the department. Responds to requests for information or data from outside the department or hospital via report, telephone, email and fax.
4. Ensures upgrades to the system are made. Evaluates and tests new applications or enhancements.
5. May perform special projects or assignments.
6. May supervise staff or oversee data input.
7. Provides training and support to end users regarding data collection, input, and analysis and/or in the use of new or changing applications systems. Assists staff and serves as a resource for others.
8. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of a database. Manages all aspects of data collection, data verification, data quality assurance and analysis. Establishes policies and procedures regarding the administration of the database.
9. Serves as the liaison between the end users of the data and ISD, external vendors or organizations, and/or other departments. Troubleshoots and resolves problems/issues at the system and user level.
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in data system management.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of experience in data system management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of experience in data system management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.