Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1152
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the creation and delivery of Information Technology training and development programs to all levels of end-users. Provides specific training on computer software/basic hardware applications across the organization in classrooms, small group, and one-on-one settings.
1. Assists with analysis, testing, and selection of courseware design software and training techniques to be used. Contributes to the development of departmental standards, process implementation, and compliance.
2. Conducts training/instruction of computer applications, methods, and processes. Serves in a liaison capacity with the user community on problem solving and improvement to new and existing operational systems. Assesses vendor selection and training needs to identify when training needs are to be coordinated through an outside contractor to provide training.
3. Designs, develops and delivers all IT training programs and materials to a wide range of customers throughout the organization. Ensures training dependencies and processes across departments are understood by application owner.
4. Develops training plans, manner of delivery, and instructional methods, including tools, tips, and other ideas promoting user self-reliance. Creates and develops training materials and instructional scripts. Adapts training materials to align with the user?s level of responsibility. Develops short and long-term training schedules ensuring appropriate resources are secured and proper communications are released advertising availability of training.
5. Documents and maintains existing coursework and documents procedures for newly upgraded and / implemented systems based on user needs and training program requirements in order to achieve high quality service.
● Associate's degree in Adult Education, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in the use of or presentation of training courses for the particular software packages or programming languages.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of experience in the use of or presentation of training courses for the particular software packages or programming languages.
● Extensive experience using Windows 7 and Microsoft Office suite.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.