Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1176
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS-IT Data and Interoperability Developer - Senior is fully proficient in applying established standards and knowledge acquired from experience. Works independently and will instruct or coach junior team members. Is responsible for leading the design, support, and interoperability of enterprise wide data and analytics applications including standalone clinical, financial, and administrative applications and data sources. Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Solves technical problems. Optimizes the performance of enterprise data, analytics, and interoperability tools. Creates testing methodology and criteria. Designs and coordinates a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of data & analytics tools to enhance decision making technology and develops business cases to support enterprise wide data, analytics, and interoperability solutions.
1. Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solutions for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as the troubleshooting process. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
3. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
4. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives. Provides guidance and mentorship to Data and Interoperability Developers to ensure best practices, standard methodologies and processes are executed.
5. Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives. Functions as a project coordinator for leading small scale projects, develops project plans, and sets priorities for working teams.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience). Master’s degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required. Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Master’s degree: Two (2) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred. If Bachelor’s degree: Four (4) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred. If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred. If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role and need:Technical detail level should include a selection of the below skills:•Reporting & Data Visualization: Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Epic Reporting Workbench & Radar Dashboarding•Data Infrastructure, Integration, Mgmt & Architecture: Epic Clarity, Caboodle, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Master Data Management and Data Governance •Programing: ETL Tools (DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, etc.), Visual C#.Net, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, Web 2.0 (Ajax, REST, RIA), Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Open Source Tools (Apache, Eclipse, JBoss)•Interoperability: Infor Cloverleaf, Oracle eGate, Service Oriented Architecture tools, etc.•Software development methodology: Agile, SDLC lifecycle•Project Management: MS Project, Jira, MS Office Suite•Health Care: Electronic Medical Records (EMR), HIE, Clinical Trials and Research•Regulatory Reporting: CMS, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other government regulatory reporting, Interoperability Reporting regulated by State and Federal governments
● General Skills:•Excellent analytical and communication skills. •Ability to work well in a team environment. •Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. •Highly responsive to internal and external customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.