Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1220
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - UNC HOME HEALTH
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
As a UNC Home Health clinician, you will have the exciting opportunity to care for patients in the community utilizing your experienced skills set. One to One patient education is provided to enhance the patient’s self-management of their disease process and progression toward goals while decreasing risk of re-hospitalization. We are offer a competitive salary and benefits with sign on bonus or loan forgiveness, excellent PTO accrual, different staffing models and provide our staff with training needed to offer individualized, evidenced based care to each of our patients. Please consider joining our specialty team! This is a place where we make a difference!
This position administers skilled nursing care to patients in their place of residence, as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with the established plan of care. Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and coordinates care with the interdisciplinary team as well as the patient/family. Delivers care in compliance with State, Federal and Medicare standards and the UNC Health Care System policies and procedures.
1. Administers prescribed medications, therapies and treatments in accordance with practical nursing standards as allowed in the NC State Board of Nursing Regulations.
2. Assists with the discharge planning and carrying out the patient?s teaching plan under the direction of the RN.
3. Collaborates with the RN and healthcare team to advocate for the patient and supports the patient?s psychological, ethical, spiritual and cultural needs. Provides compassionate basic nursing care and maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
4. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
5. Implements components of the plan of care within the LPN scope of practice and competency to promote desired outcomes.
6. Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders. Documents all patient activities in accordance with documentation standards.
7. Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direct supervision of the RN. Collaborates with supervising RN on the execution of the patient?s plan of care. Assists physicians, RNs and health care team members with data collection, assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient and families? care to achieve desired outcomes.
8. Reviews diagnostic test results and reports abnormal results and changes in patient condition to the RN, physician and appropriate healthcare team members in a timely manner.
● Graduation from an accredited program of Practical Nurse education.
● Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Good verbal and written communications skills and computer skills. Must be proficient in English. Possess the ability to transfer, maneuver and lift incapacitated clients in the home setting. Must have current driver's license and vehicle insurance in state of employment, and the ability to travel within a 50 mile radius on a daily basis.
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.