Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1163
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides the highest-level technical expertise in the development, modification and implementation of software systems designed to support new or existing business, clinical, and/or administrative computerized needs across the health care system. Responsible for all technical phases of projects and regularly lead entire projects that involve multiple departments and entities.
1. Develops project plans, prepares estimates of labor hours, tracks tasks and project status, prepares reports. Audits the progress of less experienced staff. Ensures deadlines and quality standards are met.
2. Leads activities as a technical expert in highly specialized areas of applications development. Provides leadership and direction to project team and technical team with regards to computer application or database management systems implementation, design, analysis, programming and support. Responsible for system design.
3. Leads the formulation, definition, and detail development of application system scope and objectives. Performs hands on technical assignments, which include coding development, problem resolution, and design within project.
4. Provides database system design and engineering support to application development staff including table design, performance optimization, adaptability engineering, and application troubleshooting.
5. Provides direction to project team and technical team involved with computer database management systems implementation, design, and support. Coordinates activities of other technical staff and leads development for complex systems design and problems.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
● If an Associate's degree: Twelve (12) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.