Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1198
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinator for Laboratory Corporate Compliance Program and its relationship with the Hospital Corporate Compliance Program. Consultant for Physician Services Office Labs. Maintains Client Billing Accounting files. Support and back-up for the Laboratory Director,Chief Technologist, and Laboratory Information System Administrator.
1. Assures laboratory is in Compliance with Corporate Compliance issues.
2. Reviews Medicare bulletins and other publications to stay informed.
3. Works with the department leaders of the business office, medical records, admitting, etc., as needed.
4. Attends necessary continuing education sessions provided by the hospital.
5. Reviews changes with lab manager, pathologists, and hospital corporate compliance officer as needed.
6. Writes and revises laboratory compliance plan as needed.
7. Keeps appropriate laboratory staff informed of pertinent issues and changes.
8. Uses newsletters, email, staff meetings, and other means to keep the staff informed.
9. Uses newsletters, e-mail, staff meetings, and other means to keep the staff informed.
10. Performs compliance checks using appropriate information system and software.
11. Corresponds directly with laboratory staff on compliance matters, informs lab manager of repetitive employee compliance problems. May be assigned special management projects as determined by Laboratory Management. Serves as a resource in reaching management decisions. May be asked to serve on Hospital and Laboratory committees and teams. Willingly performs additional duties in an efficient and timely manner.
12. Represents the laboratory in issues of corporate compliance. Serves as Laboratory Safety Officer:. Serves on Environment of Care (EOC) Committee; meets monthly.. Ensures performance of periodic audits.. Maintains compliance with OSHA, CDC and all other safety regulations related to Laboratory operations.
13. Serves on hospital corporate compliance committee. Functions as Laboratory Information System trainer for physician office laboratories:. Trains new employees.. Monitors registration errors and conducts appropriate reeducation.
14. Serves on subcommittees as appropriate. Client Billing Accountant:. Reviews audit logs and submits billing corrections.. Reconciles billing errors for insurance (HIS) and Client bill accounts.
15. Has direct access to the hospital corporate compliance officer. Schedules group meetings with a representative from department and the glucose coordinator at least semiannually to discuss issues. Works with glucose coordinator to perform annual correlation study. Assures compliance with JC standards; work with on-site surveyor during surveys.
16. Responsible for Laboratory Computer Training on Medical Necessity Software use. May aid registration staff education as needed. Updates all existing policies, procedures, log sheets, and report forms as needed; distributes to each laboratory. Works with all hospital departments performing point of care laboratory testing to coordinate activities. Visits each department periodically; keeps written documentation of visit.
17. Assists in test coding updates, billing, and reimbursement issues in the Laboratory. Works with all hospital owned physician office laboratories to coordinate activities. Visits each laboratory at the frequency specified by laboratory management: keeps written documentation of each visit. Reviews quality controls monthly; makes written comments, tallies results: contacts laboratory personally as needed. Schedules group meetings with a representative from each laboratory at least semiannually to discuss issues.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● Medical Technology American Society Clinical Pathology (MT (ASCP)) and/or Clinical Laboratory Scientist National Credentialing Agency (CLS (NCA)).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Must have one year of training in a NCCLS approved school of medical technology.
● Two (2) years of Laboratory Supervisor experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.