Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1242
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position performs skilled work of moderate to significant difficulty in the general and specific repair, construction and maintenance of hospital buildings, grounds, vehicles, facilities, equipment and electrical and mechanical devices. This includes emergency, preventive and customer requested work performed under the supervision of a higher level maintenance mechanic or supervisor and is performed in compliance with applicable standards and practices.
1. Corrective Maintenance - Upon notice from the department's Work Control Center or upon request from the end user the employee will perform work necessary to correct damaged equipment or a facility component. This work is performed within 24 hours. Selected examples are ice machine repair, dripping faucet repair and light bulb replacement.
2. Emergency Maintenance - Upon notice from Departmental Work Control Center or directly from customer this employee will respond within time frame set by departmental policy and perform or summon the appropriate trade to perform work necessary to prevent harm or injury to patients, visitors or staff or work to prevent extensive damage to equipment or to the facility. Selected examples are power outages, plumbing outages, door and hardware problems.
3. Other Duties as Assigned - Including but not limited to exterior maintenance, cleaning mechanical rooms, landscaping work, transporting equipment for repair and other duties as needed.
4. Scheduled Maintenance -Using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) printout, the employee will use the priorities established on the list and perform the tasks necessary to keep the equipment, device or condition being serviced in good working order. Selected examples include preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on generators and vehicles, repair and routine maintenance on signage and hardware.
5. Service Request Maintenance - Upon notice from the Plant Engineering Work Control System the employee will perform work requested by end users that is not of an emergency nature. These activities are prioritized and scheduled by Work Control with consideration of available resources. Selected examples include installation of bulletin boards and installing cabinets or shelving.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience with maintenance and repair projects or large facility maintenance, including experience in all forms of maintenance. Journeyman level experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.