Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1598
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Student Health performs responsibilities for the Student Health Center including securing funding for health centers, developing and managing budget, supervising staff, writing grants, meeting quality standard requirements to remain credentialed by NCDHHS, developing and implementing programs and seeking new directions and partnerships for the health centers, developing and implementing yearly goals and objectives, developing and implementing a strategic plan every three years with the SHC advisory board, planning and implementing yearly evaluation and patient satisfaction survey of health centers, and developing reports and quality measures for granting agencies.
1. Independently prepares and submits annual budgets consistent with management plan, addressing statistics, personnel, supplies, and other department costs; plans ad budgets for future capital needs; monitors budget monthly reporting significant variances
2. Ensures departmental productivity; monitors individual performance of staff and completes annual performance appraisal for staff; ensures adherence to organization's policies by enforcing them fairly and consistently; documents infractions and uses the disciplinary process when necessary; maintains positive employee relations climate; assures and documents orientation of all new employees
3. Develops annual management plans consistent with the mission and strategic plan of the organization and submits written progress reports quarterly; maintains sufficient staff to perform the duties and responsibilities of department; attends monthly department manager meetings; develops new and/or improves current programs
4. Maintains contact with customers to solicit appropriate input; identifies needs or problems are addressed in a timely manner; develops and implements quality improvement programs using the principles of strategic quality management; ensures all department functions are in compliance with regulatory requirements; assesses and ensures staff competency; ensures employees complete all organizational requirements and provide opportunities for educational growth
5. Develops new grants and funding streams; supervises all Student Health Center staff; maintains records of all SHC activities; writes grants and maintains appropriate documentation and produces grant reports; directs annual SHC survey and documents patient satisfaction; develops, implements, and evaluates new health center programs; develops promotional material for health centers, serves as liaison for school administration and school board; develops and adheres to departmental budget; coordinates media coverage; develops annual management plan; develops and implements policies and procedures; coordinates SHC Medical Director meetings and Advisory Board Meetings
6. Advocates for students within the school and community, reporting suspected child abuse, neglect, and dependency to community agencies.
● Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Public Administration, or related field
● Requires RN licensure in North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires previous management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.