Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1604
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs variety of nursing duties for patients in Nuclear Medicine.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Verify ordered tests, drugs needed to perform test, and obtain appropriate consent.
3. Inform patient of procedure guidelines and explain all aspects of the procedure with patient and family members as necessary.
4. Review and obtain patient medication list and enter into EMR system. Maintain records of radioactive material use. Start IV on patients. Help patient with treadmill and/or any side effects from pharmaceuticals given for stress test.
5. Prep patients for stress testing, placing electrodes, initiating EKG. Monitor vital signs during test. Monitor EKG recording during test. Remove IV and disconnect electrodes, EKG upon completion of test.
6. Perform Quality Assessments for patient satisfaction surveys, cath correlations.
7. Order supplies for crash cart and pharmaceutical stress testing.
● Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;ACLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of nuclear technology experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated excellent communication skills. Effectively interact with patients and their families, showing sensitivity to patients' physical and psychological needs. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area for nuclear test. Knowledge of nuclear equipment and testing. knowledge of safety hazards to nuclear testing, including equipment, body mechanics and patients movement.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.