Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1611
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Ensures that processes required to establish patient eligibility for Medicaid, Social Security Disability, Financial Assistance/Charity Care and other funding for healthcare expenses are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner.
1. Ensures that all information required by regulatory agencies and billing entities is properly recorded on all documents.
2. Oversees the effective administration of eligibility programs (Medicaid, SSI, COBRA) ensuring that indigent patients are screened and enrolled in programs. Establishes goals and objectives for the work unit and employees.
3. Selects, trains, evaluates and counsels staff. Monitors training and education needs of employees to ensure they receive continuing education. Ensures staff competence on Patient Financial Services business and system policies and procedures.
4. Serves as a resource for subordinate staff to interpret dynamic rules and regulations governing programs. Provides guidance to employees and patients in complex cases.
● Associate's degree in appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in a social services or healthcare organization, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Four (4) years of experience in a social services or healthcare organization, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.