Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1583
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the coordinator and delivery of either American Health Association and American Academy of Pediatrics programs such as Basic Life support, Pediatric Advanced life support and Neonatal Resuscitation or Crisis Prevention Institute certification and recertification classes.
Seeking certificated NRP Instructor as lead instructor and in addition other American Heart Association instructor credentials to support the department mission. Successful candidate will have work experience on Neonatal and/or Labor and Delivery Unit or Neonatal Transport experience.
1. Classroom Instruction- Responsible for direct classroom instruction of students enrolled in our training programs. Responsible for use, care and some maintenance of high and low fidelity human patient simulation equipment. Adheres to latest NRP and AHA and TeamSTEPPS course content as applicable.
2. Collaboration- Collaborates with other instructors; utilizes space, human patient simulation equipment, teaching aids, and/or resources for classes.
3. Learning Strategies- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to promote learning. Measures learner achievement validates learner skill and documents proficiency. Prepares reports to quantify educational standards are met.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
● ·Must have one of the following upon hire and gain no less than two additional during the first six months of employment: AHA ACLS, AHA BLS, AHA PALS, APA NRP (in order to be lead NRP Instructor) CPI, APT, restraint validation
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years’ experience in a high fidelity Emergency Medical Services system, in a hospital critical care unit,emergency department or inpatient psychiatry unit.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to teach didactic and psychomotor knowledge and skills related the programsAbility to use a variety of both high and low fidelity human patient simulation equipment to teach team oriented skills.Must be able to work well with a highly diverse group of colleagues and learners in terms of race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation and religious preference.Ability to grasp technical concepts and use high and low fidelity human patient simulation equipment.Familiarity with Microsoft office suite and can produce text documents, spreadsheets and other educational related documents.
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.