Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1584
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides coordination to Cancer Tumor Registry staff and oversees day-to-day Cancer Registry activities including data collection, coding, and data entry, analyzing, editing, and reporting of cancer patient data to the NC Department of Health & Human Services ? NC Central Cancer Registry and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
*This position is remote or onsite in the RTP Area
*Location - UNC Rex: Candidate must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this role: NC, AZ, AR, FL, IA, KY, MD, MS, SC, WI and MI
1. Coordinates and participates in abstraction, coding of patient and cancer related information, treatment and staging on all cancer patients seen and/or diagnosed at Rex.
2. Coordinates tumor registry staff, assists with staffing, coordination of work schedules, annual performance reviews, onboarding, training and education, and work productivity. Monitors quality of data, develops and provides training for tumor registry staff to ensure data quality and compliance with NC and Commission on Cancer requirements.
3. Maintains research database. Manages and analyzes registry data for the purposes of quality, education, research, outcomes, productivity and compliance with NC and Commission on Cancer requirements.
4. Participates as a member of the health system Cancer Committee, providing quarterly updates and assistance with quality improvement initiatives. Assists in the development and implementation of changes in policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation changes.
5. Participates in the research process through identification of population to be surveyed, determination of data collection methodologies, and performance of data analysis, editing and formatting of reports.
● Associate's degree in Health Information Management or related field.
● Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of cancer tumor registry experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Extensive knowledge of Tumor Registry coding principles. Knowledge of North Carolina regulations for reporting and Commission on Cancer accreditation standards. Excellent written and oral communication.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.