Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1627
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNCHCS Project Manager is responsible for leading major projects across the Health Care System communicate strategies and successfully implementing them to achieve process improvements through consolidation/standardization for internal moves, acquisitions or new affiliations creating a single Health Care solution. Interfacing with all UNC Health Care facilities to drive Health Care System project plans ensuring they are completed with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities. Experience seasoned professional with the ability influence senior staff members to develop the best integration plans allowing UNC Health Care to be positioned to leverage its scope and scale for future growth and improvement. This individual will work collaboratively with a variety of entities, administrative individuals, teams, groups or physicians, clinicians and executives to implement these strategies creating a culture of high performance.
1. Analyzes and resolves complex issues, develops policies & procedures that maximize efficiency necessary to carry out co-locations and integrations. Ensure all proper internal controls are in place to safeguard assets of the system and satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements. Develop and monitor operating and capital budget.
2. Create and maintain a customer focused work environment that attracts and retains high caliber employees. Coach and mentor employees in such a way as to obtain superior organizational engagement and performance. Monitor and evaluate performance and strive to ensure that all coworkers are treated fairly with compassion and respect.
3. Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with Privacy & Health Care Systems requirements.
4. Interface with all UNC Health Care facilities to drive consolidations effectively satisfying both work and environment needs while reducing overall cost. Effectively communicate strategies and successfully elicit support and assistance implementing those strategies.
5. Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the UNC Health Care System.
6. Work collaboratively with VP?s, Directors, teams and other end users to plan, develop and implement major projects like relocation, consolidations and co-locations of like or complementary services across entities in a common location. Determine the optimal balance of on or off campus work locations. Working with cross functional teams and other end users to scope space, cost, information technology, furnishings, parking, and all other needs for a fully defined work space.
7. Work with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implement processes to identify, implement and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating win-win solutions.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role or Three (3) to Five (5) years of project management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: Excellent negotiating skills with win-win philosophy. Demonstrates the ability to resolve problems. Technical Expertise: Proficient with project management software, strong analytical skills and strategic planning experience. Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willingness to learn and embraces continuous improvement. Accountability: Ability to bring project to successful completion on time and within budget through political sensitivity. Fiscal responsibility: Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with physicians and clinical staff with the ability to tailor the message to the audience. Experienced mentor with a demonstrated tract record to talent development. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully. Solving Problems: Ability to translate global strategy into short term accountabilities and is a strong team player who works collaboratively and is equally at ease with employees, peers and senior executives.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.