Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1628
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for planning, implementing and oversight of medical services projects and programs within the assigned clinical setting.
1. Directs the development and administration of the budgets in all Medical Nursing areas and Nursing Operations. Recommends type and amount of resources required. Allocates resources based on departmental and organizational goals and objectives. Develops Master Staffing Plans for all areas.
2. Reviews financial and operational data evaluating quality of service, workload, revenue and expenses. Takes corrective action as appropriate. Monitors salary and non-salary budgets for all assigned areas.
3. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care based on established regulatory, professional and organizational standards within the context of the operating vision.
4. Knowledgeable about current practices and standards in Medical Nursing and Nursing Operations. Utilizes knowledge to lead performance improvement activities. Leads efforts to improve operations and outcomes in Medical Nursing areas and in Nursing Operations.
5. Establishes and/or provides leadership for the attainment of corporate, divisional and nursing unit goals in support of the organizational mission.
6. Directs the implementation of processes to measure/assess and improve patient and departmental outcomes. Presents information and recommendations for action to Performance Improvement Committee when indicated.
7. Coordinates and integrates services throughout the organization.
8. Ensures qualified competent staffing, space, equipment and other resources are available to meet the scope of services available. Organizes Medical Nursing division and Nursing Operations through the selection and development of Clinical Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialist(s) and Staff Development Educators.
9. Establishes and maintains collegial working relationship with Medical Staff. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices and evidence based management practices. Represents Rex Healthcare with active participation in professional and community organizations. Participates/supports nursing shared governance activities.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in nursing or healthcare administration preferred.
● Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Bachelor's degree, requires four (4) years of related experience and/or training.
● With an Associate's degree, requires eight (8) years of related experience and/or training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors. Computer Skills: Ability to use Word, Excel, Power Point, and project management software. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.