Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1631
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists the Lead Instructor in all aspects of providing a safe learning environment for children.
Work hours : 12:30pm-6:00pm
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assists the Lead Instructor in the implementation of the weekly plan of activities.
3. Works with the Lead Instructor in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children.
4. Assists the Lead Instructor in maintaining good communication with parents.
5. Obtains inservice and yearly training requirements.
6. Maintains a working knowledge of North Carolina Child Care rules and regulations.
7. Keeps Lead Instructor, Manager and Director informed of problems that arise in the classroom.
8. Assists in keeping the room well organized and arranged appropriately.
9. Cooperates with other staff at center to create a professional environment.
10. Assists in maintaining visual supervision of children.
11. Assists in maintaining records.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
● NCECC;CPR I/C;CRIMBACKG;First Aid / Note CPR I/C certification must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment if it's not currently held by the applicant
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years previous childcare experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 19.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.