Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1589
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Disseminates information, drives standardization and collaboration, resolving issues, and leading teams to identify and improve key performance metrics.
1. Disseminates information, drives standardization and collaboration, resolving issues, and leading teams to identify and improve key performance metrics.
2. Serves as a liaison between the department and clinical service line teams, representing the resources of the department and providing specialist knowledge in assigned area of expertise. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
3. Completes budgets and submits for approval for assigned service. Recommends types and amount of resources required.
4. Approves and oversees the allocation of resources based on organizational, divisional, and departmental goals and objectives for services.
5. Leads process improvement initiatives ensuring alignment with business strategy and provides coaching and guidance to PI project managers.
6. Designs appropriate organization-wide performance improvement training. The increased PI capacity will ensure that improvement goals are effectively and efficiently met.
7. Establishes a continuous performance improvement effort and monitoring reporting system/dashboard. Regularly reports the status of PI efforts and impacts. Coordinates and prepares a report that can be shared with leadership or regulatory organizations during surveys.
8. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care or service based on established regulatory, professional and organization standards within the context of the operating vision at UNC Health.
● Bachelor's degree minimum, Masters level preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 5 years experience in performance improvement with a minimum of 2 years experience in health care
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to perform high level statistical analysis and be able to determine best sources and metrics for ongoing measurement to validate improvement. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, direct, and coach diverse groups.
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.