Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1653
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for facilitating and monitoring patient transports via ambulance or wheelchair by communicating information to all parties involved.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Follows the NC Office of Emergency Medical Services rules and regulation in regard to scheduling the appropriate type of medical transport and level of care to each transport.
3. Monitor Ambulance/Wheelchair Request and promptly respond to new requests as they are submitted.
4. Answer phone and appropriately respond to requests for transport both within the Rex Healthcare system, and from external sources.
5. Arrange for transport with either Rex Critical Care Transport or other licensed medical transport provider as appropriate for the patient's needs.
6. Facilitate communication between members of the team performing patient transport and whomever the team members request communication with.
7. Maintain records that indicate all request, date, destination, pickup point, time request is received and time it is confirmed, type of request, who performed the transport. If Rex is unable to provide the transport, document the reason.
8. Confirm transport details with requesting party when transportation is arranged/finalized.
● High School Diploma or (GED) required. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three to five years of experience consistent with the provision of pre-hospital emergency medical care and safe patient transport.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.