Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1655
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Keeps informed of critical patients, police cases, and media interest cases throughout the hospital; monitors bed availability, responds to emergency situations, maintains shift report, and provides feedback to managers/directors as needed.
1. Keeps informed of critical patients, police cases, and media interest cases throughout the hospital.
2. Monitors bed availability and assigns and/or assists in the assignment of admissions and transfers appropriately.
3. Support staff in the decision to call the Clinical Manager with staffing needs/extra needs.
4. Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
5. Serves as a representative for Rex Healthcare and keeps the Executive staff informed of activities/incidents on days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays by appropriate reporting.
6. Keeps informed of current policies and procedures in order to be a resource to staff.
7. Monitors hospital wide activity in order to provide assistance as needed. Provides feedback to Clinical Manager/Directors when indicated.
8. Maintains a shift report that details restraint use, sitters and hospital/unit activities and census.
9. Upon being informed of patient transfers to other acute care facilities, reviews forms for accuracy and compliance with EMTALA and maintains a log of these transfers.
10. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited Nursing school preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of previous experience is desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.